Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Marine Bunker... a year in the making (minus 50 weeks of sitting forgotten on a shelf in the middle...)


Here's a mostly visual diary of my bunker build.

This was my 6th terrain piece (I think!), and second sci-fi themed. Unfortunately, there's hardly any early WIP pics (which was actually a pretty interesting phase) but I didn't document much of anything back then. *shrug*

This is the near end/end state:










With some dead "grass" (from a doormat) added in spots:







Here's some more pics of various WIP portions of the later build stages:

Hated my first attempt at an Aquila (using hand cut stencil and white spray paint) so I did a crappy cover-up so I could try again, with more patience and hopefully less overspray


I also hated my original blast door so I hacked it out..


The gun platform was made using bitz off eBay (and magnetized) at the top to enable the mounting of any standard turreted heavy weapon



Support I-beam out of styrene for the walkwayto be added


Walkway WIP - styrene sheet, mosquito screen, Q-tip/cotton swab plastic tube pieces and metal fencing and in place




Drainage from the grill in the interior floor. Gross water is 2 part Gorilla glue epoxy with some acrylic paint coloring and standard Gorilla glue mixed with some H2O for the foamy froth bits.


New blast door installed (still not as fancy as I would have liked... oh well, next time!)



Other stuff





Some pics at various WIP stages with a happy SM for size comparison:







So, it still needs a banner pole for the roof and some completed heavy weapon turrets but other than that I think I'm done with this one.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment